An apricot tartlet with sweet moist filling. Great accompaniment for a tea time ♪
<Tartlet Base> 20cm tartlet tin
- 150g plain flour
- 70g unsalted butter (softened)
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g plain flour
- 2 egg yolk
- 40g sugar
- 25g unsalted butter (softened)
- 70ml cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 10 apricot (halved, in a tin)
- 2 egg white
- 15g sugar
* oven 180°
- For the base: Cream butter in a bowl. Add icing sugar gradually, and mix until pale and fluffy. Add salt, yolk and flour. Mix with spatular. Bring the dough together, and wrap with plastic wrap. Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take out the dough from the fridge. On the lightly floured working bench, roll out the dough into 2mm thick. Gently press into the tartlet tin and prick with a fork.
- Cut out a 20cm foil and press into the pastry case. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Take out from the oven.
- For the filling: Cream the yolk and sugar in a bowl until pale. Add softened butter little by little, and mix well at each addition. Add cream, mix, then add lemon juice and mix.
- Shift in flour, and mix with spatular.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg white and sugar until soft peak. Add 1/2 the meringue into 5, mix, and add another 1/2. Gently fold in.
- On the tartlet, arrange 5 apricots and pour half the meringue mixture. Bake in the 180° oven for 15 minutes. Pour the rest mixture into the case and smooth the surface. Arrange another 5 apricots on top, and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.